Last night as I was sitting around mulling what to eat for dinner, I googled Chipotle Chicken hoping to find the chain restaurants secret recipe. I didn’t. So, I thought, why not try one myself.
After some further research, a trip to Kroger, and a prayer, this is what I came up with. It takes some preparation, but the reward is worth the effort.
1. Cut 2-3 pounds of chicken breast into 3/4″ – 1″ square pieces.
2. In ziploc bag, combine chicken and 2 cans of Chipotle Pepper with Adobo Sauce.
3. Marinate overnight, turning and mixing every few hours to ensure thorough coating of the chicken.
4. Heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in skillet or wok. (I chose a wok because I can get more chicken in it.)
5. After wok is heated and oil runs easily, dump a portion of ziploc contents into wok.
6. Cook until chicken reads about 155-160F on thermometer. Remove chipotle peppers after 3-5 minutes of cooking.
I had just over 3lbs. of chicken to c0ok, so I separated it into 3 equal batches. After cooking the final batch, I put all of the chicken back into the wok for a final heating and to add a little more flavor. Below is the third and final batch.
This isn’t exactly like the chain restaurants chicken. It has a little more spice (could be minimized with only one can of peppers) and it’s not grilled. However, I love it.